Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Inauguration from Space

Via Marc Ambinder, this is the Mall in Washington during President Obama's inauguration.



All the brownish clumps up and down the Mall are crowds of people arrayed in front of the giant TV screens. (Something rather postmodern about 1.5 million people showing up in person to watch the inauguration, only to end up watching video of the event, which video largely focused on the event-as-spectacle - the newsworthy fact that all these people had shown up to watch the event "in person.")

Follow this link to see a huge, detailed version of this image.

1 comment:

Penis Enlargement Pills said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
http://www.factspenisenlargement.com